New Role Capture Manager
The company provides turnkey training systems and training services integration expertise to global defence and security forces. They have Turnkey systems on the Medium Support Helicopter Aircrew Training Facility (MSHATF), the Operational Training Systems Provider (OTSP) program for the Canadian Forces, the German Army Aviation School and the KC 135 Aircrew Training System for the United States Air Force (USAF). They also provides a range of training support services such as contractor logistics support, maintenance services and simulator training at more than 70 sites around the world.
In addition, they are the world leaders in the design and manufacturing of military flight simulation equipment. The company develops simulation equipment, training systems and software tools for a variety of military aircraft, including fast jets, helicopters, maritime patrol and tanker/transport aircraft. They have designed the widest range of helicopter simulators in the world and more training systems for the C-130 Hercules than any other company. Our client also offers simulation-based solutions for land forces, including tank driverand crew gunnery simulators, hands-on trainers and virtual maintenance trainers for ground combat systems, constructive simulation for command and staff training, and a range of other solutions for ground forces.
They have delivered simulation products and training systems to more than 50 defence operators in approximately 35 countries, including all of the U.S. services. Through Presagis, the company specializes in commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) modelling and simulation software.
As part of the European and Africa sales & marketing team, the role is responsible for achieving significant order intake for strategic pan-European and African major opportunities, generally in the magnitude of £50-£150M+.
• Typically focused on 1 or 2 very large opportunities, engaging clients/partners/ Governments and Defence Forces, to lead and develop the Capture Management Strategy.
• Communicate and execute disciplined Capture Management Plan including Price to Win, Competitive Analysis, and drive an international, multi-disciplined team of resources in accordance with the plan.
• Understand and articulate customer problem space – translate to the Operations teams and influence technology, R&D and product roadmaps as well as recommending appropriate business models to align interests and position for maximum success.
• Support the development and positioning of the companies capabilities to win within the Europe and African defence market and other strategic growth markets.
• Critical leadership position responsible for the development and execution of assigned large opportunity strategies and capture/pursuit plans.
• Make actionable and insightful recommendations for new products, extensions, or enhancements.
• Manage key original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) / partners to ensure a successful relationship and outcomes.
• Lead complex pursuit and capture teams, developing win themes and strategy as a team.
• Accountable for budget/expenses associated with approved pursuits and capture strategy.
• Develop Lead to Award governance information and execute company governance requirements as defined by policy.
• Any other duties as may be required.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or economics,with MBA or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10-15 years in Aerospace and Defence Industry, ideally having served in the Armed Forces.
- Background or solid understanding of Flight Simulation, Military Training Systems, Government Procurement mechanisms and Program Management at senior level.
- Experience and successful track record in strategic and tactical planning plus execution on major pursuit(s) with values of tens/hundreds of £M.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively at senior levels within large Defence industry or within a national defence organizations.
- Driven, motivated, positive, high energy with outstanding influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong skills in strategic partnering, teaming agreements and subcontract positioning.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Commercial and business acumen coupled with balanced negotiation capabilities.
- Strong financial literacy leading financial model development, estimating, cost rollups and proactive risk management.
- Experience of business Capture Manager for a major capital acquisition program.
- Fluency in English is essential but multi-linguality would be an advantage (e.g. German, French, Arabic, Dutch, Polish).
- There is creativity involved in identifying and managing key OEMs/partners, which will enhance the Company’s bids.
- The role requires bringing together complex technical and commercial input into a cohesive bid document.
- The job holder uses judgement to develop and retain customer contact at senior levels within the Governments and Defence Forces plus the User and Partner community.
- The job holder manages the budget as appropriate and decides how best to use the budget.
- The job holder is the main source of advice within the Company for potential and active bids, from a strategic and budgetary standpoint.
- To manage pursuit budgets which can range from £300k to £1.5M each.
- May have access to sensitive Company financial details which are to be treated as confidential.
- Frequent internal contact with all functions within the company division at all levels.
- Frequent external contact with users, suppliers, clients, partners, OEMs, Governments and Defence Forces at all levels.
- The role involves travel, both in the UK and overseas, which could be at short notice.
- Must be able to obtain and retain UK Security Clearance.
To register your interest in this position please call James Heaton on +44 (0)75 0000 9048