Business Development Manager
Our company is a specialist vehicle converter and system integrator, with plans to grow the business from £40M to a target £70M within 5-years. This is an exciting time to join the team and help spear head the sales force.
Within our Special Vehicles Group, we have a client portfolio which is made up predominately of Government programmes. The target is to grow the business and to have a more diverse client base, across a range of sectors and geographies.
To deliver this ambitious growth plan, we are now looking to recruit a high calibre Business Development Manager, who will take ownership of the strategic business development and sales for one of our sectors. He/she will be responsible for identifying/generating and leveraging both short and long term profitable growth opportunities.
The Business Development Manager will define sales strategy, taking both a broad commercial view and focusing on prioritising the most promising business development opportunities in each sector.
The strategy will be carried out as follows:-
- Audit, benchmark and provide direction on developing the existing client base
- Develop new clients in Government/Homeland Security sectors, both locally (in the UK) and overseas
- Identify new revenue opportunities in the existing and new sectors
- Undertake sales activities for the group e.g. shows & exhibitions, marketing & media publications
- Advising the management team of strategic direction for product portfolio and technology solutions
- Understand and develop a good understanding of the client’s current market, and report/present back to the Leadership Team
- Prepare, issue and present quotations and bids to clients
- Act as prime point of contact for existing and new customer enquiries
- Engage in the strategic business development and sales for the group
- Business growth with increased product range sales revenue
- Professional experience in automotive engineering
- Proven track record as a Business Development Manager
- Proven track record in sales, defining new sales strategies, implementing them and developing the business
- Specialist vehicle conversions, specifically the integration of armour (composites and steels) into Civilian Armoured Vehicles (CAV’s)
- Good working knowledge of specialist vehicle conversion standards e.g. VSAG12
- Systems engineering, including integration and installation of sophisticated electronic systems into vehicles
- Experience of working with UK government contracts and their prime contractors (desirable)
- Experience with of dealing with, or working for MoD, DE&S Abbey Wood
- Good working knowledge of Vehicle and Systems Engineering (desirable)
- Used to working in local UK and international environments
- Commercial and business management skills
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good working knowledge of communication systems
- Preparation, presentation, negotiation of technical and commercial proposals e.g. bids, tenders and quotations.
- Ability to change commercial culture towards a more customer-orientated approach
- Builds credibility quickly
- Ability to work under pressure
- Results orientated
- Self-motivated and driven
- Resourceful and self sufficient
- Strong network of relevant customers, in both the UK and abroad, having interacted at a high level within the client organisation.
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving license
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
- Willing to undergo a DBS Disclosure check
To register your interest in this position please call James Heaton on +44 (0)75 0000 9048