National Security Client Drector
UK BasedCompetitive Salary
National Security Client Director, (Sales Manager).
- The National Security Client Director is a senior sales and business development role working very closely with a portfolio of customers, and accountable for achievement of revenue, orders and gross margin targets within that portfolio.
- Responsible for driving business development and sales (including software solution sales) opportunities, and achieving results through the effective management of senior stakeholder relationships.
- A passion for applying software to drive business insight and better decision making.
The National Security Client Director will Report to:
Client Directors report into the Director – Client Management.
This is a permanent contract.
This role is located in the South West, and strategically positioned to develop stakeholder relationships with relevant customer teams. There will be some travel to other Defence sites within the South-West and to our Offices throughout the UK.
1. Driving business development activities, with primary responsibility for achievement of revenue, orders and gross margin targets within a specific portfolio of customers or partners.
2. Driving and embedding a customer business plan, with full accountability for selling the portfolio of software, support, solutions and services into those customers, and board reporting on progress against that plan.
3. Creating demand within the deal pipeline and carrying out pursuit activity to manage those deals through to close.
4. Working closely with the Customer Delivery Manager, with common objectives for that customer or portfolio of customers.
5. Supporting and developing others in the team, growing talent through succession planning.
6. Growing new customer pipelines.
7. Eliciting customer requirements through a structured business or issue led consulting or analysis approach.
8. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
9. Proactively communicating and collaborating with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver business outcomes; including e.g. business requirements documentation, use cases, GUI, screen and interface designs, prototypes and final implementations.
10. Developing requirements specifications according to standard templates, using clear communications, and following internal processes.
11. Collaborating with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
12. Successfully engaging in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
13. Playing an active role in the development of company collateral, including product IP and solution development based on project experience.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive, and will be reviewed from time to time in conjunction with the job holder. Other key elements may be included in the profile as the role evolves, and it is expected that the job holder will take on similar, additional duties, that have a reasonable fit with the outcomes expected of this role.
- Competitive basic salary (dependent on experience)
- Opportunity to participate in the Sales Incentive Scheme (bonus opportunity)
- Comprehensive benefits package after initial 3 months
- Structured development opportunities (work-based learning, external courses, industry courses, professional accreditation etc.), incorporating regular performance review and salary progression
- Opportunity to progress your career within an innovative software and configured solutions environment
- Be a credible, ambitious and energetic individual, with successful, demonstrable sales and business development experience, and a recent focus on selling software solutions and services into the national security & intelligence sectors
- Have a proven track record of achieving or exceeding sales targets, and experience of designing and delivering a robust sales strategy, deliberately leveraging customer buy-in through demonstrable value & ROI
- Have experience of evaluating customer requirements, defining commercial proposals, and delivering complex solutions and services to budget, time and quality
- Have a technical systems engineering background, with expertise and a natural ability and enthusiasm for wrestling architecture and business modelling challenges to the ground
- Be able to demonstrate a credible, customer centric approach, and have solid experience of managing the most senior stakeholder relationships
- Have a passion for detail to achieve the demanding aspirations of our customer base and the Company
- Be a natural leader and negotiator with the ability to achieve results, hands- on in approach, with the ability to grasp new concepts and technology propositions very quickly
- Be comfortable utilising an iterative issue based consulting/analysis approach to understand and resolve business and project issues
- Have strong conceptual thinking skills, able to articulate the connection between business outcomes and IT enabled solutions.
- Be willing to work flexibly around the demands of client engagements
- Be DV cleared
To register your interest in this position please call James Heaton on +44 (0)75 0000 9048