Defence Client Director
UK Based£80K £90K
Defence Client Director (Sales Manager)
The Defence Client Director is a senior customer oriented role within our business working with a portfolio of customers, and accountable for achievement of revenue, orders and gross margin targets within that portfolio.
Client Directors (Sales Manager) report into the Director – Client Management. (Sales Director)
This is a permanent contract.
The UK office is based in the South West but this position allows the right candidate to work remotely. Strategically positioned for proximity to Defence customer teams. The Client Director will spend the majority of their time on customer and client sites and at our Offices throughout the UK.
1. Driving business development activities, with primary responsibility for achievement of revenue, orders and gross margin targets within a specific portfolio of customers or partners.
2. Driving and embedding a customer business plan, with full accountability for selling the portfolio of software, support, solutions and services into those customers, and board reporting on progress against that plan.
3. Creating demand within the deal pipeline and carrying out pursuit activity to manage those deals through to close.
4. Working closely with the Customer Delivery Manager, with common objectives for that customer or portfolio of customers.
5. Supporting and developing others in the team, growing talent through succession planning.
6. Growing new customer pipelines.
7. Eliciting customer requirements through a structured business or issue led consulting or analysis approach.
8. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
9. Proactively communicating and collaborating with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver business outcomes; including e.g. business requirements documentation, use cases, GUI, screen and interface designs, prototypes, final implementations.
10. Developing requirements specifications according to standard templates, using clear communications, and following internal processes.
11. Collaborating with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade offs between usability and performance needs.
12. Successfully engaging in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
13. Playing an active role in the development of company collateral, including product IP and solution development based on project experience.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive, and will be reviewed from time to time in conjunction with the job holder. Other key elements may be included in the profile as the role evolves, and it is expected that the job holder will take on similar, additional duties, that have a reasonable fit with the outcomes expected of this role.
• Competitive basic salary (dependent on experience) • Opportunity to participate in the Sales Incentive Scheme (bonus opportunity) • Comprehensive benefits package after initial 3 months • Structured development opportunities (work-based learning, external courses, industry courses, professional accreditation etc.), incorporating regular performance review and salary progression • Opportunity to progress your career within an innovative software and configured solutions environment
Career development opportunities
This is a unique and exceptional opportunity for a high performing senior manager or director, with a track record of selling high value solutions to defence and government customers to join a creative team, focused on delivering software and configured solutions business. Being part of the team means that you will work in an award winning and market leading technology environment, with the reality of greater autonomy, ownership and visibility from the start. We are an innovative and exciting business with a cutting edge product and an enviable client community. Join us, and you join a team of talented professionals; people who are ambitious to make their mark within an evolving business, enjoying the security and benefits of an established company, coupled with the exciting prospect of professional growth. We are a growing business, with offices throughout the UK and ambitious plans for further expansion.
You are an independent, self-motivated professional, experienced in taking personal accountability to grow and close out a pipeline of high value technology deals with high profile customers. You’ll thrive working in an agile environment, deploying best practice and tested methodologies, and using an approach which achieves milestones and outputs in an effective and creative way.
A consultant by trade, your focus on embedding and delivering value to customers is first nature to you. You will have a proven record growing appetite and software and orders. Your experience to date will give you the edge and confidence to take ownership of challenging delivery, in a demanding, fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate will ….
• Be a credible, ambitious and energetic individual, with successful, demonstrable sales experience selling technical solutions and services into the defence sector • Experience of evaluating requirements, defining spec and delivering complex solutions and services to budget, time and quality • Proven track record of achieving or exceeding sales targets, and experience of designing and delivering a robust sales strategy • Customer centric, with a passion for detail to achieve the demanding aspirations of our customer base and the Company • Natural leader and negotiator with the ability to drive results forward, hands on in approach, with the ability to grasp new concepts and technology propositions very quickly • Be comfortable utilising an iterative issue based consulting/analysis approach to understand and resolve business and project issues • Have strong conceptual thinking skills, able to articulate the connection between business outcomes and IT enabled solutions. Be able to demonstrate credibility and expertise across the customer base. • Be willing to work flexibly around the demands of client engagements • Be willing and suitable to be security cleared for working on Government contracts
Applicants must be a UK citizen and have or be able to have Security clearnce. Please email email@example.com ASAP
To register your interest in this position please call James Heaton on +44 (0)75 0000 9048