Purpose of the Electronics Engineer
The purpose of the Electronics Engineer is to be a key part of an electronics and software engineering team working on project delivery, service provision and product development. The job encompasses bidding for, designing, implementing, testing, acceptance and after-sales support of systems for the international Defence and Industrial market sectors. The work is within the context of a multi-disciplinary and multi-site engineering team delivering complete solutions to the customer.
• Pre-Sales – You will work with the Business Development and Tendering teams to evaluate opportunities for product and project sales and to provide technical material in order to win sales.
• Engineering – You will work with other engineers to deliver projects, services and products to contracted cost, schedule and quality requirements. This role is responsible for the quality of technical solutions delivered by the engineering team, and is accountable for delivering work packages, such as detailed designs, implementations and test specifications, to agreed schedule and quality targets.
• After Sales – You will work with the Project Manager to provide an after-sales service to customers and clients. This role will engage with customers to diagnose technical issues with delivered solutions, and will propose technical solutions to those identified issues.
• Demonstrations – You will work with the Business Development team to prepare and deliver demonstrations of Company products and capabilities
• A broad understanding of general engineering.
• Effective communication and inter-personal abilities.
• A good understanding of both Waterfall and Agile development approaches.
• Familiarity of Product Development Life cycle.
To register your interest in this position please call James Heaton on +44 (0)75 0000 9048