Helmets / Personal Protection
Head of Business Unit – Military & Law Enforcement
Worldwide80,000€ - 90,000€
Our client is one of the most prolific and highly renowned manufactures of protective headgear and impact protection standing at the pinnacle of the industry for over 70 years. Starting out in the 1940’s they have grown from strength to strength, moving with the times and adapting their portfolio in order to offer their clients the ultimate choice in protective helmets from Worker Protection to Police, Fire Brigade, Formula 1, Military and Motor Cycling. This ever expanding organisation exports to over 55 different countries with subsidiaries now situated in the US, Italy & Thailand.
They are always looking to conquer new markets and expand their international presence which is why they have now tasked Pegasus Executive to find them a new Head of Business for their Military & Police unit.
They firmly believe that investment in the Defence sector is of pivotal importance at the moment and even more so is the protection of the men and women currently serving in our armed forces as well as the law enforcement officers protecting our streets. Our client is looking to invest heavily over the next couple of years with a particular focus on new products and market development but the first stage is putting in place an experienced individual who is capable of not only delivering results in line with the organisations growth plans but has an in depth knowledge of both the Defence industry and impact protection, ballistic armor and composites markets.
- Lead the Military & Police Business Unit on a global scale reporting directly to the CEO.
- Responsibility for leading multinational bids, tenders and proposals to large scale corporations, governmental departments and other industry affiliated organisations.
- To work strategically with customers to develop strong business relationships and to inform them of further products and solutions which may be of use. Additionally, to obtain an analysis of their buying strategies, drivers, challenges, future requirements and goals.
- To define targeted account strategies and campaigns that will enable the creation, identification and closure of future sales opportunities, as well as the protection of existing business, thus leading to the development and management of a pipeline of business.
- To ensure that world class bid management and reporting practices are maintained.
- To ensure that all business won is profitable and can be delivered, including all necessary risk assessments and managing risk on an on-going basis.
- To feed back into product development, pricing and other commercial teams potential or perceived product weaknesses, cost structures, etc, resultant from external contact, sales and general commercial activity.
- To gain an understanding of competitors, their products, price plans, strengths and weaknesses to ensure that the company maintains its advantage on all contracts and that opportunity’s are exploited.
- Must have previous experience in a senior management and/or international sales position and be able to show strong executive management and interpersonal skills.
- A background in bid negotiation and management into the Miltary and/or Police sectors is essential. Experience working with multinational governments would also be desirable.
- Strong knowledge of the Personal Protection, Ballistic / Impact, Composites and Ceramics marketplaces, the range of products and core client base.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and industry related legislation would be advantageous.
- Strategic thinker who can provide decisive action and direction to a number of major projects and sales efforts.
- Good relationship builder with strong organisational, inspirational, influencing and motivational skill. High levels of personal initiative and integrity.
- Flexible with the ability to drive change and to adapt to changing needs. Able to gain buy-in from others when designing and implementing organisational solutions.
- Able to organise, prioritise and work autonomously demonstrating strong commercial acumen.
- Must be based in commuting distance of an airport and be required to travel extensively.
- Ideally be degree educated in either Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Business Administration.
- Fluency in another language is desirable.
Key attractions of the role:
This is an exciting and potentially industry revolutionising role taking overall responsibility for the strategic direction of the Military & police business unit within a market leading business and playing a key role in its continued international growth and success.
This position offers an excellent base salary plus bonus, car allowance, pension etc.
To register your interest in this position please call James Heaton on +44 (0)75 0000 9048