Defence & Naval Systems
Responsible to the Managing Director
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic, articulate, self-motivated and highly enthusiastic Sales Engineer to join our team.
The successful candidate will be tasked with proactive sales and business development, and existing account management activities to a range of end users. You will further maintain effective relationships with customers and agents to secure profitable business.
You should be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively generate, pursue and manage leads and enquiries from both new and existing customers. You must be able to produce and manage quotations from initial enquiry through to customer order – the ability to “win” orders is an essential requirement of this position. You will have a tenacious, positive, professional and enthusiastic manner in order to build customer relationships and ensure achievement of realistic targets. Additionally you will be required to re-actively handle inbound sales calls and requests, as well as email and website enquiries.
Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential for this role, along with a flexible approach in order to ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
Ideally the successful candidate will be qualified to at least ONC/HND level in Electronic Engineering or a similar discipline.
Whilst a previous background of sales success within the defence industry would be a distinct advantage, due to the levels of technical content desired, we are open minded to applications from individuals able to demonstrate relevant industry sector experience who are keen to develop a career in a sales and business development capacity.
If you possess the essential passion, determination and drive to be successful in this exciting role, we would be delighted to hear from you.
- From receipt of enquiry from either a potential customer or distributor, identify the optimum solution using the Company’s products and prepare proposal. Follow-up proposal, amending where necessary to reflect any change in technical or commercial circumstances. Provide technical and commercial support to customers and distributors as appropriate.
- Research and identify potential markets and customers for our products. Make contact with potential customers to identify opportunities for our products.
- Research the potential of our products into forthcoming projects and liaise with potential bidders and consultants to ensure our products are designed into project.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure the selected equipment solution meets the technical requirements of the customer. Ensure customers obtain maximum benefit from the equipment solution when in use.
- When required, prepare and give technical presentations and training to customers and distributors.
- Liaise with the Marketing Manager regarding the specifications for new equipment.
- Arrange and undertake visits to customer sites to discuss proposals and opportunities.
- Participate in customer visits to our premises for factory acceptance tests, training and other support issues.
- Provide regular sales forecasts and updates to the Managing Director as required.
- Work in accordance with the Quality Management System to ISO9001.
- Travel may be required from time to time (both domestic and international)
- Minimum ONC/HND in Electronic Engineering (or equivalent) plus 2 years’ experience in a sales related function is desired.
- Computer literacy is essential and knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook desirable.
- Experience of telecommunications and computer networks desirable.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers and work as part of a team.
To register your interest in this position please call James Heaton on +44 (0)75 0000 9048