Sales Manager – Maritime
UK Confidential£40k - £50K
SALES MANAGER – MARITIME SECURITY
Job Purpose: The Sales Manager is to identify and achieve profitable sales of our products and services to existing and new customers in the Maritime Security and Defence market in the geographical territory, of the Middle East, ensuring the sales process is efficiently executed to maximise sales and customer satisfaction and firmly establishes us as the supplier and partner of choice.
Sales Managers Principal Responsibilities
1. To identify and achieve agreed sales levels of our products to existing and new customers across the maritime security and defence markets in the Middle East.
2. To produce business winning accurate quotes, bids and proposals as requested by customers and ensure their requirements have been captured and are priced and scoped accurately. This will include compiling relevant costs and collaboration with Engineering, Commercial and Senior Management /Directors to define the technical and commercial solution and achieve bid sign-off.
3 To develop and manage a network of reseller and agents across the region that are aligned with the business development strategy and plan, ensuring that all necessary processes are followed when appointing the agent/resellers. Regularly review the performance of the agent/resellers and work with them to maximise our business.
4. The Sales Manager is to coordinate and manage an efficient sales process from the creation of thorough and effective sales proposals, ensuring proposals are tenaciously progressed and delivered to the customer within the required timescales
5. To ensure internal stakeholders, including, but not limited to Project Management, Sales Admin, Engineering and Commercial teams, within the company are fully aware of the technical and commercial requirements for any quotes, bids or proposals submitted to customers.
6. The Sales manager will develop Regional Account and Market Development plans and then identify and develop potential sales opportunities within new and existing customers, in line with the agreed plans.
6. To gather and present regular current status and future trends information relating to industry, market, geography, competitor, customer and industry peer activities/plans etc within the geographic areas of responsibility, liaising with MSD Business Manager and the Sales and Marketing Director in order to inform and influence internal Company strategies including product development, commercial pricing and processes and marketing activities etc.
7. To develop and maintain a network of industry, academic, research, governmental and trade organisation contacts through which to promote the Sonardyne brand, achieve/influence potential product sales and consider joint product/ project partnerships.
8. To provide regular and thorough sales and market reports to the UK Head Office and Regional Office Management as agreed, to include: CRM updating of opportunities and contacts, visit reports, weekly updates for review in the UK Management Meeting, monthly Regional office activity/forecast analyses and quarterly updates for inclusion in the International Board Meeting proceedings etc.
9. To establish and build strong working relationships with internal staff across the Regions, Engineering, Marketing, Business Development, Operations, Production etc to progress sales requirements, feedback on product performance/new product and application requirements etc and to promote a collaborative working style with timely two way communication and proactive planning.
10. To enhance the reputation and profile that we have, promoting the Company name, brand and capabilities through scheduled marketing activities, contacts with trade organisations and active participation in industry/market related events including contributing to publications/presentations of conference papers etc.
Core Company-wide Responsibilities
1. The Sales Manager is to promote a ‘safety-first’ culture, ensuring strict compliance with Customer and Company policies, procedures and practices relating to Occupational Health & Safety and Environment, including completion of risk assessments, workplace inspections, wearing of PPE, undertaking training and communication re safe working instructions, incident investigations etc and ensuring timely identification, escalation and resolution of any aspects that could adversely impact employees health and safety, or others, as a result of work activities.
2. To actively contribute to the Company’s continuous improvement process through presentation of corrective actions, suggestions or initiatives focussed on increasing efficiency, productivity, customer satisfaction and employee morale throughout the company.
3. To keep up to date with Company organisation and structure, technology, products, applications and customers, through attendance on training events, personal liaison with internal commercial, technical and business support staff and awareness of general Company internal communications.
4. To establish, maintain and promote effective working relationships across the Company based on positive two-way communications, planning and a collaborative working style.
5. To ensure awareness, understanding and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures, including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, ISO-QMS, Financial, Commercial and Operational.
6. To maintain technical and professional job competencies (qualifications, knowledge and personal skills) through continuous development activities including formal training, self-directed learning, use of professional networks, literature reviews etc.
To register your interest in this position please call James Heaton on +44 (0)75 0000 9048