Engineering & Electrical
Senior Engineer, Electrical
UK SouthCompetitive Salary
We Require a Senior Engineer, Electrical.
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the senior Engineer, Electrical is to be a key part of the engineering team, located at our site in Fareham, Hampshire, and working on project delivery, service provision and product development. The job encompasses bidding for, designing, implementing, testing, acceptance and after-sales support of technical solutions for the international Defence & Training & Simulation market sectors. This job is focused on the electrical aspects of the projects, but will work within the context of a multi-disciplinary and multi-site engineering team delivering complete solutions to the customer. This is a great time to join this evolving and rapid growing Defence company. We cover Land Sea & Air.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Engineer, Electrical
Including but not limited to:
• Pre-Sales – Assist the Business Development team to evaluate opportunities for product and project sales including:
o Meeting with existing and prospective customers and clients to elicit their requirements and understand their needs.
o Proposing technical solutions and identifying the risks and opportunities for each proposed solution.
• Tendering – Assist in the preparation of tenders for new product and project sales including;
o The quality of the proposed technical solution
o Identifying the associated risks and opportunities
o Deriving the work breakdown structure, and estimating the effort required for individual tasks in that structure
o Assessing the compliance of the proposed technical solution to the customer’s requirements.
• Project Technical Leadership – Support the Project Managers to deliver projects to contracted cost, delivery schedule and quality requirements.
• Engineering – Lead Engineers to deliver projects, services and products to contracted cost, schedule and quality requirements.
• After-Sales – Support the Project Manager to provide an after-sales service to customers and clients.
• Demonstrations – Support the Business Development team to prepare and deliver demonstrations of our products and capabilities.
To register your interest in this position please call James Heaton on +44 (0)75 0000 9048