Through Life Support (TLS) Manager
Through life support involves the maintenance, upkeep and optimisation of various systems / products in the military and commercial environment. It includes support elements such as manpower, training, technical data & documentation, maintenance planning, supply support (spares & material), support and test equipment, packaging / handling / storage & transportation, facilities, computer resources, reliability & maintainability interfaces and Life cycle costing.
It also includes Management and Engineering Support Services such as Design Expertise, System Expertise (engineering support at system level), Technical management, Configuration management, Support plan requirements, Logistic support analysis requirements, Reliability & maintainability and Quality assurance/ OHS. The focus is on improvement of the lifespan and return on investment (ROI) for these systems / products.
In an industry where operational and support costs can run extremely high and where budgets are always under pressure, it is important to have through life support solutions which can be tailored for each individual system / product and / or situation.
The Through Life Support (TLS) Manager will have project responsibility for delivery of the support service detailed within the Operation, Maintenance and Logistic Support contract. The TLS Manager will utilize resources provided by the clients support functions and will deploy these resources to ensure all contract commitments are met. These commitments include, but may not be limited to, all equipment supplied under the Contract including all client network systems and terminals.
As a part of the TLS group the role reports to the Project Manager for project responsibilities and to the Executive Vice President (SCS) for all functional responsibilities. The TLS Manager will be based in Belgium.
- Establish and embed a TLS vision throughout the organisation; preparation and implementation of TLS Plans.
- Creation and improvement of strategic relationships with the external.
- Quantitative risk assessment and trade-off strategy related to supportability.
- Provide comprehensive evaluation and input into TLS proposals, bids and Contract amendments.
- Fundamental understanding and appreciation of Supply chain optimization and LCC principles, including modeling techniques.
- Lead all aspects of support including technical services support, warranty and training.
- Actively monitor the level of service delivered including in-service product performance.
- Establish cost effective repair and support arrangements with OEM, subcontractors and other associated business units.
- Management of warranty claims and costs.
- Obsolescence Management.
- Monitor workloads, schedules and budgets and adjust resources to meet schedule and budget demands.
- Development of key performance indicators.
- Ability to create, inspire and manage a small to medium multicultural/multidisciplinary.
- Experienced with military logistics systems and supply chain optimization.
- Concise understanding of Configuration Management disciplines and systems.
- Commercially oriented together with business finance knowledge.
- Formally educated with professional qualifications and/or experience in a relevant technical, business or military discipline.
- Familiar with the challenges of working abroad and the development of high performance organisations tasked with support, maintenance and repair activities.
- Must be an experienced communicator, self sufficient, self motivated and capable of working effectively during high demand situations.
- Good interpersonal skills, good facilitator, influencing skills and well organized.
- You are prepared to take on short-term assignments throughout the world.
To register your interest in this position please call James Heaton on +44 (0)75 0000 9048